COVID-19 Response Plan
Prior to returning to school in September 2021 we conducted a full review of our COVID-19 response plan as outlined below.
- The DES have supplied all schools with CO2 monitors and St. Peter's have been allocated 3, one for each mainstream classroom. This will greatly support us in monitoring our ventilation in school.
- On behalf of the Board of Management I would like to thank Oonagh Charleton-Hayden for offering her extensive research on this area and supporting us to make St. Peter's National School as safe as possible. The BoM has purchased 3 HEPA filters which will also be placed in each of the three mainstream classrooms.
- Children may wear a mask to school if they so wish; however, they must be able to use the mask correctly without assistance - putting it on/taking it off, storing it when not in use.
- All of our other COVID-19 mitigation measures continue to be in place. Details are available in our COVID-19 policy
- We urge you to please read the latest information poster from the HSE/DES